Summer Time Decorating Ideas
Summertime brings warm winds, sunny skies, river time and good food. It’s a time to enjoy the weather — so why not bring a bit of the outdoors in?
You don’t have to make over your entire apartment to enjoy a summery feel in your décor. Use these summer decorating tips to celebrate the season and enliven your space during the hot months.
Turn Your Porch into a Summer Haven
Take Summertime to a whole new level with your outside oasis.
· When it's party time, string a few kaleidoscopic paper garlands overhead—they're a festive, fun touch—and break out the cheap, chic paper parasols and hand fans to help beat the heat. -Parrot 13-foot garland, $3, pearlriver.com
· 18" Metal Mesh Folding Patio Accent Table - Threshold™ - $22.00
· Sling Stacking Patio Chair - Threshold™ - $18.99
· Alexander Home Hand-hooked Indoor/ Outdoor Capri Slate Rug - 2'3 x 3'9 - $45.59
· Ceramic garden stool, $80, Home Goods stores
· Turquoise and lemon-yellow Oslo rug, from $46, fabhabitat.com
· Home Trends vinyl tablecloth, $4, Walmart stores
Another easy way to bring the outdoors in for your summer decor is to use flowers and vegetation. Fresh blooms add even more color to your space, and as an added bonus, they freshen things up with a beautiful scent.
· Peace Lily
Don’t break your Budget
Check out these cheap ideas to add fun
· One person's cast-off garden gnome can be someone else's treasure. Search for useful or beautiful outdoor decor items on freecycle.org or craigslist.com.
· Essential Home Floral Bohemian Garden pitcher, $10, kmart.com
· Citronella lotus and flower torch candles, $6 each, Pier 1 stores
· Buy Mason jars to use as simple tea light holders, or make chic luminaries out of pretty paper bags. Just anchor each bag with a bit of sand and add a tea light. - Paper lunch bags, 15 cents each, stamponthis.com