Throughout every person’s life, there will be hard times where it’s forecasted to be dark and gloomy, with constant showers. And when it rains, it pours. It is important to use utilize the down time to focus on blooming into the best version of you! Below are some helpful tips to keep you motivated and boost morale.
Stay Busy, Motivated & Physically Active
- Find a Hobby - We recommend taking a trip down "memory lane" to rediscover hobbies you picked up when you were younger. Those were the times you were wild and free, and you didn't do something unless you really, really loved it. Chances are, you still have a lot of those same core interests!
- Spring Cleaning - Now is a perfect time to start your annual spring cleaning! Start and finish one room at time. Move furniture around to find those sneaky dust bunnies that hung around far too long. We also recommend de-cluttering and reorganizing closets, cabinets & pantry spaces. You'll be surprised to find trinkets and clothes you forgot you had!
- Knowledge is Power - You can improve on your knowledge by using reliable online resources. Blast into the past? or maybe you want to learn how to moonwalk? The internet is a fantastic tool to utilize when learning and researching.
- Physical Activity - Go outside, walk around, look at nature, think about your day and your life and the people in it. CRANK UP the tunes and dance like nobody is watching! Some funky upbeat music is one sure way to let loose, get the blood flowing, and feel positive.
- List your Goals - What is it you want to accomplish in life? If you’ve listed your goals before, it’s always good to update them. Choose one to achieve in the next year. Now think about what you can do today to move closer to that goal, even if it’s just something small. Do this everyday to move yourself closer to that goal.
We hope these 5 tasks push you through the hard times, keep you smiling, and keep you motivated! From all of us at Elevation on Post: Stay Positive!